Sunday, February 18, 2018

It's been too long...

... since I've had the time or opportunity to perform with Act4Mystery. Honestly, it takes up all my time writing new shows, directing, producing, advertising, modifying our website and dealing with all the things you have to deal with when you have a small business.  Add to that the decision to change our name from Act4Murder to Act4Mystery and you can imagine the amount of "free time" I have.  Not much. So the idea of learning lines and getting out there again was a little daunting. But the opportunity came up, I felt sort of caught up, and so I decided to do it. And what fun I had!

We had two performances of KNOCK 'EM DEAD this week where I played the deliciously funny role of Miss Royal Payne, a real royal pain! We had great audiences at both La Paz in Destin and Samuel's Roadhouse in Crestview, the cast was amazing (thank you to Debby Geisen, Cynthia Bergquist, Joe Chase, Jim Downum and Chris Manson for your great performances, and to Jessika Kelsh for managing the Samuel's show for us), and overall I think I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  We may perform this one a time or two this summer at La Paz, so if you didn't get a chance to see it, the opportunity may come up again.  And keeping my fingers crossed I'll get to keep my role and get out there again!  Thanks to all our fans - we'd be nothing but a group of tired old actors rehearsing in our garage if it weren't for all of you!  :)  -- Paula Hilton


Divas Royal Payne (Paula Hilton), Marion Haste (Debby Geisen) and Augusta Wind (Cynthia Bergquist from KNOCK 'EM DEAD.

No comments: