Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Got motive?

If you follow Act4Murder and know anything at all about us, you know that I am the author of all 28 of these comedic murder mysteries.  So here's something to think about:  If I wrote a murder mystery where the killer was just some crazy psychopath who had no real motive other than the desire to satisfy his own bloodthirstiness, would that be appropriate for comedic dinner theater?  I contend it would not be appropriate, and that it would make the majority of you uncomfortable.  So for those few who wonder why the characters argue with one another throughout the night, I'd like to point out that if I don't give them motives, it makes no sense that someone would end up dead.  And since these are MURDER mysteries, someone is actually going to end up dead.  Just something to think about.

~~ Paula Hilton

No comments: